Written By Jessica Jackman (Osteopath)
These have been a staple lunch for me for a while now and they never seem to get old. Easy to make and is a great left over lunch the next day. Plus it definitely gives everyone in the clinic lunch envy!
2 medium to large zucchinis
3 tbsp plain flour
4 spring onions
Salt and Pepper
Dash of olive oil for frying.
1 ) Grate the zucchinis and place in a clean tea towel/ or use your hands to wring out as much water as you can. Place in a mixing bowl
2) Grate the halloumi straight into the bowl.
3) Add the eggs, flour and finely sliced spring onions, add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Mix ingredients together to form the batter
5) Heat a frying pain with as dash of oil to a medium heat
6) Using your hand make the desired patty size out of the mixture and cook until golden brown on one side then flip and cook the other side. Usually a few minutes each side.
7) Put on a plate and your ready to go!
I put a touch of sour cream or natural yogurt with a squeeze of lemon juice on the top. Voila!
You could add to the plate:
• Poached eggs
• Smoked salmon and dill
• Honey chorizo (my personal favourite)
• Green salad
Jessica is available in the clinic Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Thursday’s. To book an appointment call (03) 5429 3610 or book online by following the link below.